Bet you there isn’t a single bride out there who doesn’t splash out on the prettiest lingerie for their wedding day. Therefore we’ve decided to bring you some expert advice on getting the best out of your bridal underwear this Miscellaneous Monday! Whatever your dress shape and style, it’s important to get the right support and structure so that you can look and feel fabulous as you say ‘I Do’.
We talked to Shirley Kelly, owner of Aria Lingerie, who share her top tips for picking wedding lingerie. Navigate your way through the variety of designs and shapewear available – it’s easier than ever to feeling sexy and sophisticated!
- Probably my most valuable tip is to have a proper fitting. Most women unknowingly are wearing the wrong size bras and, as a result, are not getting the most out of their underwear. The nerves throughout the planning process will affect your weight. Arrange to have a professional fitting, it doesn’t take long and it’s a worthwhile investment before choosing your underwear.
- Don’t scrimp when it comes to buying wedding lingerie. Your wedding dress is probably one of the most expensive things you will buy for your special day so ensure to spend time looking for the perfect style and fit to complement your body and dress.
- Contrary to what you may think Ivory lingerie is not always a great choice and bright whites are often best avoided under certain fabrics as they will show through. Think about the colour of your skin tone, perhaps a pretty nude (dark or light), or blush might work best with your dress and be more invisible than ivory or white.
- Comfort is absolutely the key. Keep in mind the fact you will be on your feet and on show all day, so your lingerie should support and stay in place for the duration without needing adjustments or feeling like you are wearing it.
- When wearing fine fabrics consider seamless or control underwear for the perfect finish, as some materials such as lace may show through and also feel uncomfortable if you are not used to wearing them.
- Why not slip into something sexier in the evening when you take your wedding dress off? The reality for most of us is that we have to wear something a little more practical than we were expecting on our big day. But you can indulge in something spectacular for your evening reveal!
- Make sure you choose your bridal lingerie before the final fitting as this allows you enough time to find the perfect fit for you and your dress.
AriaLingerie is an independent boutique that has been trading for two years, based in the beautiful city of Bath. They stock a range of top designers including Simone Perele, Mimi Holiday, Chantelle-Palazzo, and Fantasie in sizes varying from A – H cups. Relaxed and friendly, this small boutique offers a truly personalised experience and has private evening events available upon request, so you and your bridal party can enjoy private fittings, champagne and a range of luxurious lingerie in a unique and private setting.
3 George Street, Bath
T: 01225 447700